Saturday, October 29, 2011

Hearthstone

Before: I forgot to take the before picture. Imagine, small, cracked, cream squares.
During: Here's after we chipped away the old tile.
During again: Dad hard at work.
After: Ta-da!

I'm feeling a lot of gratitude for what my dad did today.
He traveled to our home on his Saturday to "help" install new hearthstone.
First, he was patient with my indecisive self as I chose the stone.
It's slate and I absolutely love it and had fun choosing each square.
Then, he did it all.
I don't think the quick meal of Panda Express was adequate for all the work he did for us today!

P.S. Mom commented on dad's moisture =). I should point out that the tile cutter squirted water back at dad all day. So, thankfully, no, he was not sweating profusely. Also, no, he did not lose control of his bladder.

P.P.S. Teresa commented on my vacuum bag. Dad used my vacuum to clean up the space under the tile, and he noticed it wasn't sucking. Turns out you should change your vacuum bag more than once a year. Who knew?! (Yes, I know, you're all thinking I must have a disgusting home that hasn't been properly vacuumed in months. You're right! But I have faithfully ran that vacuum across our carpets every week. Er, almost every week. Doesn't that count for something? I'm just going to stop typing now.)

4 comments:

Teresa's Neighbor said...

Gorgeous. Is that sweat on his chest?

Teresa said...

It is beautiful! And you got your vaccuum bag changed today also!

Tony & Bre said...

I love it. Next time get before pictures. I can't remember what it looked like.

doodooguru said...

The slate looks awesome. What is even better is that you didn't have to do it!