We had so much fun last Fourth of July weekend. The Nerdins came and stayed a few days before heading on to camp at Glacier Ntnl Park. They arrived Friday night and everybody stayed up way too late. Then the kids woke up about 5am. So we were late getting going on Saturday, but we made it to the Farmer's Market just as everybody was closing shop. We also rode that speedy Missoula carousel, which didn't make me as sick as last time I rode it. But I was pretty pregnant last time =)
We wanted to float the river, but it was getting late and the weather wasn't just right, so we ate at Kobe and hung out.
On Sunday, the kids all fought against my idea of walking to the park, but I made them go (with the threat of no tv for a week if they didn't come), and of course they had a great time. When will they just give in and recognize that I'm always right and I have the best ideas?! As we walked to the park I wondered why I, and many adults like me, don't take time to lay down and find shapes in the clouds like we did as kids. Then I answered my own question when I nearly fell asleep doing so. Us adults don't sit back and enjoy stuff because if we ever sit back, we fall asleep! The sprinklers were on nearby, giving us a nice cool mist of water droplets as we swung. Then we came home and enjoyed Nertz while the kids ran around doing whatever kids do (make messes).
Monday was my favorite day because we finally found out why everybody keeps going to Lake Como- it's beautiful! It's about an hour and a half drive away, and there's great swimming and a beautiful hike. Tate, Dewey, Carley, and I did the full 6 mile hike and I'm honestly surprised that I could walk the next day since I haven't exercised in a couple years! Maybe it really is true what they say-the parenting and housework is exercise =) The boys were full of energy and didn't complain at all. The rest of the crew did part of the hike and went back to swim. We joined them when done and the kids had fun being pulled around in the waves in their inner tubes. We can't wait to go back soon. Anyway, we got home late and put the kids to bed. Avery complained that "this is the worst day every" after we didn't watch fireworks and Tate was shocked. He said "Avery! Don't say that! This is America's birthday!". Love that boy. Next year I would love to go to Lake Como again for the 4th. And I would also love to go watch some fireworks, too. At least the kids got to watch a few from their bedroom window, and I saw a few from the porch.
Tuesday morning the Nerdins left us, and we hope they come again. Visitors are the best!
One more thing, Finley's picture with the leg in the air cracks me up. She didn't want to let it touch the pokey grass. Carley said her scrunched up inquisitive expression looks like Grandma Colette. I'll have to take her word for it since I never met her.



No comments:
Post a Comment