Thursday, July 21, 2016

Summer




I grabbed these pictures off my friend, Rachel's, phone.  She showed me a beautiful beach by the river this summer and we have been quite a bit.  This last week the water has gotten so shallow that the kids can touch.  I love it!  The kids usually love it, too.  But I had to question what is wrong with the world when, after a couple hours of playing, and coincidentally after our friends had left, my son told me that he's bored!  He wanted to go "play on dad's phone".  Here we are in the very area where "A River Runs Through It" was filmed, with all it's beauty, on a hot summer day playing in a lovely river with inner tubes and those words came out of his mouth!  Anyway, thanks Rachel for showing us your favorite place!  

The first picture is my favorite.  That's Henry and Isaiah.  Isaiah likes critters, especially snakes.  Rachel took some great pictures of him with a fist full of snakes, but it creeps me out so I didn't share that one =)  Their other friends with us are Abby and Gabriel.  As much as I didn't want to move, I am very grateful to my Heavenly Father for placing me around such great people that have welcomed us with open arms.  We are blessed.  So maybe like my son who had a slip up moment where he took his situation for granted, I should count my blessings more often, too, and really appreciate all we have here in Missoula!

No comments: