If you've got some time to read a couple articles, let me explain. A friend e-mailed the first article to me about Prop 8 protesting in L.A.. Read both pages of the article because it does end on a positive note. It's of particular interest to me since that's my mission stomping grounds.
http://www.ldsmag.com/ideas/081110hate.html
Then, this second link is a talk by Boyd K. Packer. I was reading it with our Young Women in mind because it's talking of standards, but it strengthened my own resolve to stand up to the standards the Lord has set for His plan to be accomplished. There's a part where he says how to respond when people use words such as "diversity", "tolerance", and "choice", which is why it relates to the first link.
http://library.lds.org/nxt/gateway.dll/Magazines/Ensign/2003.htm/ensign%20november%202003.htm/the%20standard%20of%20truth%20has%20been%20erected.htm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for linking those articles Shel’. Seeing those protesters deface sacred ground enrages me. They profess tolerance, yet exhibit none.
I liked President Packer’s suggestion: “If they throw the word diversity at you, grab hold of it and say, “I am already diverse, and I intend to stay diverse.” If the word is tolerance, grab that one, too, saying, “I expect you to be tolerant of my lifestyle — obedience, integrity, abstinence, repentance.” If the word is choice, tell them you choose good, old-fashioned morality. You choose to be a worthy husband or wife, a worthy parent.”
Great article!!!
Post a Comment