Tate has been up to his usual funny talking lately, and I've remembered to write his quotes down from time to time on our white board. It's almost full, so I best get recording!
First of all, I love it when he gets specific with his gratitude. For example, he dropped some food he said he didn't want into the garbage. Then, he decided he wanted it and threw such a stink that I dug it out for him since the garbage was empty and clean anyway. Then, he dramatically looks up at me with his teary blue eyes and says, "Thanks mom. Thanks get out my garbage."
Last week, Avery and Tate were playing in her room and she left. I heard Tate call out, "See you later Avery. Come back soon!"
Saturday morning, Eric reported to me that Tate kept insisting that he is a woman. I had taught Tate that he's a gentleman and he must have gotten confused =) (That came about because he always pushes Avery to be first out the door, or into the car, or wherever. So I've been enforcing "ladies first" every once in a while.)
After brushing his teeth one day, I reminded Tate to hop in the car so we could leave. He said,
"I better breathe first." Then, he did a big sigh before taking off.
After eating, Tate said, "I think my hungy is over."
When asked what he wants for Christmas, Tate thought a moment and replied,
"I want a....present!"
When asked what he is getting Eric for Christmas, he said,
"A.....birthday card!"
Tate's a fun kid. His speech has really improved and I'm loving understanding more of what he's saying. He's really growing up.
1 comment:
these are THE funniest things I've heard in a while. NO joke.
Post a Comment