Monday, November 7, 2011

Tate's taken to listening to my i-pod lately. He likes to listen while he chills in his chair trying to look cool.

As I'm eating, Tate is asking me questions about what my name is and dad's name is. I think it's funny to hear him say "Shelly". Anyway, as he's walking away he stops and says "Tank you. Tank you having da talk."

He also spilled some chips on the floor tonight and said, "Oh no! You already cleaned floor!" I can't imagine where's he's heard that before =)

This morning we had a conversation that went something like this:

Me: "Come run errands with me, Tate."
Tate: "We go running?!"
Me: "Well, it's just a figure of speech. We aren't really going fast. Just getting some stuff done." (I struggle with simplifying definitions of stuff. I'm sure I went on and on trying to explain this.)
Tate: "Oh, we go slow to Aaron's." (He has a friend named Aaron.)
Me: "No, I'm not talking about Aaron..."

You get the point, it was confusing. My friend has had a similar conversation with her son. Don't even bring up running errands if your child knows an actual Aaron.

1 comment:

mikey said...

You can go slow to Aaron's any time you want:) Don't attempt explaining that concept to an actual Aaron either.