I don't know when, but at some point in his short life, Tate has decided on his menu. That's it. He's done trying anything else. I may have mentioned this before, but he consents to eat fruit snacks, yogurt, cereal, applesauce, bananas, cottage cheese, bananas, chicken nuggets, juice, bananas, cookies, cheese, some crackers (if he thinks they're cookies), pb & j sandwhiches, peaches, and mac 'n' cheese. Oh, and lots and lots of pretzels. Yesterday I made some delicious frozen pudding pops with swirls of cool whip and layers of chopped oreos. After it had gotten near room temperature, and I had eaten all I could, I offered Tate a bite. To my surprise, he opened his mouth and let it in! Only to be followed by a quick swipe of his hand to his tongue to get rid of it! It was a reaction fit for hot peppers or such, but pudding?!!!
Also, yesterday I got all the ingredients for some banana cake thing ready to go like on a cooking show where everything is measured nicely in their own little glass bowls so Tate could help me assemble it. He yelled and ran away. I had to force him to stay near and help pour ingredients in the mixing bowl. As I poured, he would only touch the ingredient bowl with one finger.
This little lady, on the other hand,
Also, yesterday I got all the ingredients for some banana cake thing ready to go like on a cooking show where everything is measured nicely in their own little glass bowls so Tate could help me assemble it. He yelled and ran away. I had to force him to stay near and help pour ingredients in the mixing bowl. As I poured, he would only touch the ingredient bowl with one finger.
7 comments:
I like Eric's bubble beard.
My goodness you've got some cute kids there hermana! Nice work! :)
i starve my children and then they eat anything! :)...well, not really... but i will take asher to the park... he runs and runs... gets hungry... i feed him on the way home and he will eat almost anything! :)amazing mom trick! :)
are you still using that healthy cookbook by Seinfeld's wife
No, Andy, I haven't used that book in a while. That's a good idea you have!
i too like erics bubble beard. is he going for santa claus? :)
two little cutie pies you have!
i guess i'm just mean, my kids eat what i serve...or they sit there for a vvveeerrrryyy long time until it's gone! it's really annoying...! good luck!
Picky eaters are so hard! Sophie is really picky, too. We literally don't know how she gets enough calories every day to survive, but somehow she does. With her, though, you can never know for sure what food she'll accept and what she'll reject. The only surefire thing we know of is candy. She's never rejected that! On the other hand, Avery is usually a joy to feed. Is it a second kid thing or just kids named Avery? Yours are adorable, by the way.
Becky, that's what I wonder, too--how is he growing?!! He goes without dinner often.
Post a Comment