And, here's the aftermath of our play date today. It was fun to watch four little monsters, er, I mean, cute boys running a muck!
Friday, September 12, 2008
Wierd? Or no Wierd?
Eric says that what I did this week was wierd and I need some reassurance. (By the way, I'm a very sensitive hormonal woman most likely due to weaning my child!) I wanted to get rid of our Scrubs season 5 DVD's and I found a woman on Craig's List looking for them. I contacted her and asked for Toblerone chocolate instead of money. We e-mailed back and forth because she didn't know what that was and wanted to know the condition of the DVD's, etc. This isn't the wierd part, but it's a little crazy. It turns out that she lives one street over from us! What a small world. Anway, she brought over the goods and the exchange was being made. She brought a few candybars so I told her to keep one since she hasn't tried it and it's so delicious. Then, I babbled about how I asked for chocolate because if I got money I would have to spend it on something boring like groceries. I was not explaining myself well. I meant to include that the calories are acceptable when it's like a gift, and not a self-made-purchase. Eric witnessed the scene and was laughing at me. When it was all over I felt a bit silly! At least I have chocolate! Anyway, my dreamland of chocolate as a means of exchange was great in my head, but maybe too cooky for the mass population. The lady was nice, but I really think I came across as a wacko. If you're reading this, please tell me I'm not crazy. But you can only tell me that if you really mean it!
And, here's the aftermath of our play date today. It was fun to watch four little monsters, er, I mean, cute boys running a muck!
And, here's the aftermath of our play date today. It was fun to watch four little monsters, er, I mean, cute boys running a muck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Hey, who are kiddin, that's the cleanest your house has ever been... just kidding.
Oh my gosh...you are so hilarious. I think that is awesome that you traded for chocolate...I can't wait to call my mom and tell her. I would have totally wanted money, but that it is so cool that you wanted chocolate and then really traded for it. I love it! I don't think you are crazy at all...I think you are totally Shelly...meaning, wicked-awesome!
By the way, you are brave to have 4 little boys at your house...you are a better women than I...I would have wanted to kill myself.
I think it's the greatest idea! Thanks for the smile.
Scrubs is stupid. You're not crazy, you're just lucky you found someone to take that garbage off your hands. Yummy chocolate is just a bonus!
Um, Shell-bell, I think I'm gonna have to go with Eric on this one. But in the end, you got what you wanted and that's what matters. :)
I think your idea was absolutely brilliant. I don't believe a husband can appreciate the value (greater than money) of a bar of chocolate when you're hormonal -or ever really.
Hey Shelly, that is exactly how my family room looks after play dates! I hope you're doing well. Lindsay said that you and Cheralee, and Alicia were all listed on her blog. I added you all to mine too, now that I finally put stuff on it. (It's taken me months to actually get this thing going-I started trying to figure out if I knew anyone with a blog, and once I figured out that almost everyone I know has a blog I figured I better jump on the bandwagon, so I can actually get notices when people update their pages, rather than stalking everyones site every week to see if there is anything new:)Your family is really cute! Looks like you're having lots of fun. Oh and no you're not crazy, chocolate is totally worth exchanging for old DVDs.
-Heather Skousen (Laub)
Oh, I love real life funny stuff like that! Thanks for giving a tiny peak into your thought process!
Post a Comment