Sunday, September 15, 2019

Scream

The other day I was looking for something under my bed and as my eyes adjusted to the darkness, I thought I saw Avery hanging upside down from the other side of the bed smiling at me.  But she was creepy and unblinking and last I checked she was on top of the bed watching cartoons.  All these thoughts led to my blood curdling scream because "how and why was Avery doing that?!".  I was too freaked out to look again at what could only be some decapitated upside-down head under my bed so I made the kids look.  They didn't see anything scary and just smiled at me like they felt sorry for their mom who finally lost her mind, although there was no surprise in their expressions, which I would appreciate because they're not supposed to know how near I am to insanity, but I digress.  When I finally summed up the courage to peek under the bed again, I recognized my own face on a rolled up large print from a couple winter ago.  Imagination, you old tease!

No comments: