Saturday, September 28, 2019

Fancy Fun

 Last week was the perfect excuse to party!  We love the PBS period British drama Downton Abbey and the movie was released in theaters last weekend.  So we invited friends and dressed up and enjoyed fancy dinner and a movie.  It was so much fun!

But first, I couldn't pass up these free balloons on facebook marketplace, and the kids wanted to have  a party, too, so we had a tea party Friday.  It was fun and after school when the kids arrive at different times, so we just let them have a play date and eat in a staggered way.  Next time I'll have everyone sit down at once.
 When I got this table last year, Kristen told me to name it The Downton because we could host such a crowd at it.   How fitting to host a Downton party here!
 We had to set up a couple extra table because we had a great turnout.
 One of the best parts of the night was the help.  Avery, Tate, Hope, and Soel were the maids and footman.  They really stayed in character and were so helpful!

 I cannot get over how period perfect and fantastic everyone looked!  Look at these sparkly dresses and headpieces!  Here's Becca and Emma's friend (sorry,  I forgot her name!). 
 Jake, Nissa, and Dawn.  The other amazing part of the night was the food these friends brought!  Nissa brought the giant amazing salad and Dawn made such a good ratatoulle!
 Here's Carly, who had most of the awesome outfits people borrowed, and Michelle and Molly.  Michelle made such a beautiful trifle that I never got a chance to taste, booo, and Molly brought this fancy cheese and cracker and nut and veggie tray thing that has a fancy name I don't remember.  Can you tell that food is my love language?!
Greg and Carly!  Greg made the coconut banana chocolate layered cake, which was also delicious and beautiful.
 Here's the beautiful Kristen, my co-consipirator, and Chad, the birthday boy. 


 What a handsome footman!  So cute. The gloves!  He agreed to help out if I paid him with a piece of caramel.



The whole gang!  I wish that I had made people take photos in small groups as they entered so you could truly appreciate these outfits.  I still cannot get over it!  This shot was after dinner as we went to the theater all gussied up and took up a couple rows.  It was a good movie and the whole night was just really fun.  I really have the best of friends here!
Now to think of an excuse for the next fancy dinner party!



 Some of the cutest little fancy girls at the tea party - Cinna, Daphne, and Finley.


No comments: