Saturday, July 16, 2011

This and That

Me: "Tate, you are a silly dude."

Tate: "A siwy doo?"

Me again: "A silly dude."

T: "Oh, a city doo doo. Yes."

Me: "What sound does L make?"

Tate: "Kuh, kuh, letters."
____________________________________________

Tate kept pausing to smile at his reflection in the mirror across the room. Then, he put his finger in his mouth and removed a tiny fuzz. I said, "Did you have a fuzzy in your mouth?"
"No," he whispered, "a spider web."
____________________________________________
Tate: "What's that"

Me: "A praying mantis."

T: "I draw a peeing mantis!"

I enjoy locking myself in the bathroom each morning for a shower. I know it's a risk to leave the rugrats free to roam, but it's worth it. Last Thursday, I exited the bathroom and noticed a hard white mess in Tate's hair and freaked out thinking that they had somehow gotten into the paint!! Thank goodness it was only frosting =) I had to document Avery's fine frosting artwork left on the couch.
Avery likes to run behind this chair and assume a reading position when I tell her it's time to change her diaper. She thinks she's untouchable =)

2 comments:

Tony & Bre said...

Oh man, I knew living with Tate had to be endless enternainment. Love love love those stories!

Alison said...

Soo funny! I love all the things Tate is saying. I totally understand the "shower" risk as well. Some days I hear screaming (fighting) and just keep shaving like I can't hear it! Ha!