Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Gratitude


Tonight, I feel like making a gratitude list here so I can remember a couple kindnesses that were shown.

1. I've been battling a staple gun for the past five days. A very nice old man who works at the Home Depot put my frustration to an end by picking out the right size staples and showing me how to put them in the gun. Thank you! I knew I just needed someone to "hold my hand" and do it for me =) Now I can enjoy that "picture frame with the magnetic mesh thing" (pfwtmmt for short) pictured above. It may not look like much to you, but I love it and it makes me happy.

2. My life and health. Visited Uncle Wally today and he's not expected to live much longer. It was really nice to meet his daughter Kristi. She's really pretty, especially at such a time.

3. This one has a little story, like #1. I went to pick-up dinner at Papa Murphy's tonight and Tate ran into the store before I could catch-up from getting Aves out of her seat. So, when I entered, he was already on all floors pretending to be a dog. Avery thought it was a good idea and joined him. Then, they switched it up to running in circles while squealing in delight. I caught Avery touch some lady's bum, but the woman didn't seem to notice. Anyway, there was a bit of mayhem, but by the time my order was paid for, all the other customers were gone. Then, one of the workers there OFFERED TO HELP ME OUT WITH OUR FOOD! It was fabulous. They've never done that before and it's one of my least favorite places to take the kids. So, anyway, I'm grateful for those nice teenagers working there today. The gal who helped me even said my kids were adorable =)

4. Had a playdate and got to chat with a friend I haven't seen in a while. She always makes me happy so that was fun.

No comments: