
Here's my first shot at painting our kitchen chairs and table. The table is my favorite. I learned that for the light glazed look I like, use a wet rag to wipe off most of the glaze instead of a dry paper towel. I also learned that oil-based paint is a pain to clean. Don't get it on your favorite leather couch. And then, don't use paint thinner to remove it from your favorite leather couch. Unless you wanted a reminder of your first furniture-painting efforts. Lucky for me, I wanted that reminder.

I never should have let Avery witness Tate's disections of his daily peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Or grandma-great, for that matter. Both ladies have taken a liking to that method, but unfortunately I don't have a picture of grandma-great's eating one this way.

This sandwich never stood a chance. Nor does my table, I'm afraid =(

Here's a close-up of our front yard weeds. They popped up all over the place among our rocks and I like them. Eric says they're weeds and pulls some up here and there, but I enjoy them. Yea for pretty weeds =)
5 comments:
Violas, I believe, not weeds. No, your table doesn't stand a chance with your sweet little chilins' but I love it.
Ha ha, violoas. I'm so dumb =) Wait, I have proof on my wall that I'm smart (college diploma). So, I guess I'm not dumb, after all. Take that, fancy flower names that I call mysterious weeds!
Nevermind. I have gone dumb since college. I just noticed that my crockpot has been "cooking" for 2 hours on "keep warm" setting instead of "low" as I intended this morning.
Table looks good. My yard is also full of beautiful weeds.
I thought the flowers looked like pansies, but what do I know? The only thing I can grow is weeds. I bet the weeds in my back yard are bigger than everyone elses, I'm sure you're all jealous. I too love the tables and chairs. Great job on the glaze--I've never used it but I sure like how it made the table look!
Post a Comment