This morning we went to Fred Meyer too early. The playland wasn't open yet. (boo hiss--Carly, this cracked me up when I read your latest post!) So, one cheesestick and two fruit snack packets later we were getting help out to the car and I was feeling good about the trip. Tate really is getting better about cooperating in public. And private, too, he's been spotted cleaning up toys!! (Shout-out to Jerica and grandpa for getting him going on that.)
Then I remembered what I forgot, because even though I have a list every week, I always forget something. It's a fun little tradition I have. But this time it was important, so I stopped by Yokes near our home. As I checked out I realized that I was fresh out of bribes for the boy, so I gave him the change and he gladly followed us out. Until we met the automatic doors. So I let him play a bit until I noticed the reason for his smirk while he was running back and forth between the sets of doors. He had the dimes in his mouth. Isn't that cute? I'm so happy and lucky and quite shocked that I've never been to the emergency room with this child. (Well, once, but that was fever.)
To top it off, he pulled the ole' stiff straight body while yelling and grabbing my necklace trick when I wrestled him into his carseat (remember how he's 34+ lbs!). Those who shop without kids must be so bored. For that reason, you can take my toddler anytime!
2 comments:
haha aren't kids great? i loooove taking brooklyn shopping. all those boring people are jealous of our scenes.
Haha! I've been there too many times before, too! It royally stinks. If I ever wait to run an errand after Joseph's home I'll usually say "Can you keep one kid and I'll take one" because shopping with one is soooo much easier than two. But I'm sure that once we have a third I will say things to him like "Can you keep one so I can only take two?" I hope the day never comes that I'm saying "If only I can just have 4 kids with me at the store it'll be much easier" because then I'll know that I've become certifiably crazy.
Post a Comment