Sunday, October 12, 2008

Weekend in a nutshell ( plus one rant)

Friday night we saw the Batman Dark Knight movie. Verdict: too scary!!!!!

Saturday night we watched Leatherheads. Verdict: relax and enjoy =) Loved it!

Here's the rant part. Women read on. Men will most likely be bored and will want to skip this paragraph. A few weeks ago I bought a dress at the consignment shop on sale. So, good job, right? You would think so, but wait. It doesn't have sleeves and it has a lot going on at the neckline. So, I needed a jacket that was plain and dressy. I've been looking to no avail until Friday. I found the perfect top and even payed full price, which is rare, but I was desperate. Then, I needed black thigh highs because thigh highs are my new faves--no tummy pressure. I spent an hour on Saturday shopping for thigh highs. Nobody has them. After six stores I finally I found them and payed top dollar, again because I was desperate to even find them. So I wore my complete "new" outfit to church, which started cheap and ended up not so cheap. Anyway, I rationalize that I can wear the thigh highs and jacket with other stuff, too. The sad part is that after all that, I ripped a hole in the nylons as I was walking by a chair! So, there you go. Moral is stop caring about what you wear! Period. Seriously, we could have eaten at Granny's for what I just threw away with those stupid thigh highs! Can anyone relate?! Oh yeah, and as I was heading to the car after church, the one leg's nylons was falling down around my ankles. Whatever! Rant done.

On a brighter note. Tate was great at church today. We only had to go walk around in the hallway for about 5 minutes. The rest of the time, I got to stay in class while he tinkered around. Yipee =)


This is a random video from last week. I know I'm seriously lacking in the video-ographer, or whatever you call it, department.

3 comments:

Larsica said...

Oh man. I totally relate. I love bargin shopping and when you have to indulge, it better be worth it, right!?! Tate is so cute, looks like he is a little character, so funny! Oh, and I enjoyed Eric's video, here is one for him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI
Good to hear from you!

Becky J. said...

I bet you looked way cute, though! But I totally relate to saving a bunch just to pay through the nose for something else to make what you got so cheap work. What we women do for vanity. It really isn't worth it!

The Terrell Family said...

Why does that have to happen? I found a cute dress that is actually in style (something I've lacked lately) and it was marked way down. I didn't bother trying it on because I had the kids screaming and wandering. Anyway, of course I took the tags off prematurely and when I tried it on I realized there is a slit in the back that goes ALL the way up. I've procrastinated returning it, lost the receipt. Now I have to add a pannel behind the slit which means buying fabric and sewing. Foreign Territory. The things we do to be frugal =)