This has been a very hot summer. One week it hit 114 degrees here in Kennewick. So the kids have spent some quality time in the water and mud of the backyard. I like this shot of Avery caught just after her mud door art.
One day I was up early feeding Henry when I heard Eric's alarm clock go off. So I decided to jump on him as a good morning salutation. Mid-air, he saw me and in fear, raised his elbow which collided with my EYE-BALL! I can still hear the squish sound weeks later. It hurt. I cried like a baby right there on the bed. Moments later Avery decided to join the party by covering her fingers in peanut butter and running around the kitchen clapping as she enjoyed the flying sticky mess it created.
Also recently, Tate had a play date with a little guy he met at church recently. They were instant best friends and ran around holding hands. Avery really wanted to go to the playdate, so I treated her to a manicure since she couldn't join Tate. She sat pretty still. The workers were so kind as they gave her hot pink with sparkles and a heart on each thumb. And my favorite part was that it only cost $4.
We made a quick trip to Portland on the 4th of July, which was the super hot week. It was very nice to have some weather under 100 degrees. Here's some pictures of the kids in the car and on the zoo train. Also, Avery posed in front of a waterfall and her arm nearly disappeared. The zoo train was a nice pit stop for me to feed and change Henry, who had a blow-out, probably just so he could mess his onesie and show off his abs.
No comments:
Post a Comment