Monday, October 1, 2012

Yipee! It's October!






  I love love love this time of year.  My favorite season used to be summer for the swimming.  At this stage of our lives, I love fall.  Maybe when the kids are swimming on their own I'll love summer best again.  Maybe when I'm not pregnant and nauseaus from the heat I'll love summer more again, too.  Anyway, back to fall...

Last Thursday was Eric's birthday (the big 3-0 =) and tomorrow is Tate's birthday, followed by Avery's in a couple weeks.  It's also beautiful to see the foliage change color.  Well, when I look at my friends' blogs who live in Utah, I enjoy their beautiful fall mountain foliage pictures.  It reminds me of my college days in Provo.  We'll get there, though.  Our leaves are starting to fall.  I also love the return to the kitchen in autumn.  Baking yummy comfort foods and picking apples and such. 

Today Avery and I joined Tate's preschool group as they visited the pumpkin patch.  Avery pretended to drive the train and refused to pose for a snapshot, but I stole one while she was happily singing as she "drove" the train.  My favorite picture is the kids' hay bale maze.  There was a rather large group from the preschool, and the tour lady was trying to keep everyone together, but I let my kids sneak in the maze before everyone else, and ended up with a nice action shot of their happiness of the moment.  There's also a small petting zoo and Avery loved the bunnies.  I had to pick her up to make her move so others could pet the rabbits.  Then, she kept sneaking back into the barn to get another fistfull of the little soft guys.

No comments: