Sunday, February 13, 2011

Tater-nater

Tate has some funny stories I want to remember. This picture was a funny couple days where he started to like dress-up, much to my pleasure. He requested we help him with the backpack on back and an Ernie pack on front along with the cowboy hat to top off the look. He would strut around quite pleased with his ensemble when done.

I pointed out that one of his shirts had a big "3" on the back. When visiting grandma-great, he went up to her without saying a word and gave a sly smile while showing her his back. Then, he gives her 3 fingers and says "3 yrs old" to make sure she understands the coolness of the shirt, I suppose.

We started a preschool co-op in January. Our first goal has been for them to learn to follow directions. It's a lot of fun and I think he's improving. One of the mothers told me that in circle time he introduced himself as "Bob".

A while back he was by me as I bought a Papa Murphy's big pizza. While I was distracted paying for the food, Tate slid it off the counter into his arms all ready to carry it out. I can't believe it didn't dump on the floor. Last week at the grocery store he came to me with a giant red velvet cake perched on his outstretched little arms. "Look ma, cake!" So proud of himself.

A couple weeks ago we were driving over a hill that overlooks Tri-Cities. I heard from the backseat, "Wow! It's bootiful!".

And finally, last Thursday as we were getting ready to go inside the church building for a Valentine's party we ran into some old friends. Tate points to Avery as I was maneuvering her out of her carseat and exclaims, "Look! It's Avery-bear! She's mine."

Although he is still hard to understand sometimes, I'm enjoying being able to understand more and more and have seen lots of recent improvement with his speech. My poor first child is not always easy and is teaching me lots =), but I do love him and love that he makes our life interesting!

1 comment:

Bre said...

Love that guy! Thanks for the stories. I can totally vizualize his sly smile.