Monday, January 31, 2011

No theme to these ramblings whatsoever







Tate enjoys "helping" bake cakes
These pictures are just because I like them. And I'm showing pictures of the hats I've been making and practicing the ruffle edges on.

I'm not one to watch a lot of movies repeatedly. Unless it's really funny (Hot Rod) or a classic chic flick (Pride and Prejudice, Anne of Green Gables). Eric has been wanting to see the Lord of the Rings series again. Extended editions. They're good, but I can only handle so much fighting and blood. Anyway, the solution is that I sit and listen and crochet so I don't have to see the orks. So far, it's been three night and two hats down =) Let me know if you want one. Seriously. I'm shocked my daughter has been keeping hers on all day. Besides the fact that she usually rips them off, she also has plenty.

Anyone else out there caught themselves spraying their dirty clothes with Lysol kitchen cleaner and wondered how long they've been doing that? In my defense, the spray 'n wash is right by the Lysol.

This afternoon Tate and Avery were playing in their room. Every time Aves would cry I'd open the door to rescue her and she'd run away from me. About the third time she came to me to shut the door in my face while Tate says "Go away mom" from behind her. She's a gluten for punishment.

Tate has been talking much more lately. He just called an octopus an "applepus" Avery has discovered her belly button. Although she's a pixie of a little thing, she does have a tummy. So I always find it funny when she stops what she is doing to lift her shirt and peer waaaay over her tummy while she lifts her belly button upward so she can see. It's kind of like a very pregnant woman trying to see her toes. =)

3 comments:

Larsica said...

Every time I see Avery I can't get over how gorgeous she is!
Maybe sometime you can teach me how to make those hats, they are too cute! Oh, and that story about the 2 of them in the room is so funny!

Kara Lyn said...

I love the outfit that Avery is wearing in the first few pictures. Dee Dee had that too. I also LOVE the hat that you made Dee Dee. I get a ton of compliments on it everytime we are out. She wears it a lot because it is her warmest hat and it is very cold here. Tat is awesome and you guys are all great.

Becky J. said...

Cutest hats ever! Seriously love them, and Avery is the perfect baby model for them.

And I love that she loves her belly button. My Avery went through a long phase of being fascinated by hers too, especially because whenever I'd push it I'd say "ding dong" and she'd laugh and laugh and then she started doing it to herself when she'd push it too. Gotta love big baby guts!