Hugs from Aves: many
Meals cooked: ZERO!!
Diapers changed: few
Cleaning done: minimal
Laundry washed: none
Bowling matches: 1
I love Saturdays! I love having Eric home!!
On another note, Tate's new trick is laying next to Avery whenever we play with her. So I'll do the same tricks on him (noise-making and tickling, etc.) and he'll give me all out belly laughs. It's funny.
He and Aves are still getting along well. He'll return her toys when she drops them and just watches her and loudly fake laugh until she joins in.
Tate's also showing interest in his numbers and ABC's. He's also starting to sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and "The Itsy-Bitsy Spider". Although the songs aren't extremely recognizable to the non-mother ear, his letters are. I am thrilled! It feels like a miracle. This little dude who's been living with us for 2.5 years has only ever spoken giggles, grunts, and jibber-jabber. He's starting to speak our language and pay attention to and recognize letter symbols and sounds!! I don't know how else to describe it except by saying it's a miracle!
3 comments:
I heart Saturdays, too, especially if I don't have to cook. Those kiddos are so cute! And we call our Avery "Aves" most of the time, too. They are such cute kids!
Avery has Popeye arms. Does she work out? Last night I dreamed I was being attacked by a raccoon and the whole Edwards' family just watched.
Isn't it the best when the older sibling loves (or at least seems to like) the baby? Tonight Lydia and Luke were rolling off the couch over and over and Lydia said, "Luke is my most favorite brother ever!" It warmed my heart.
Way to go Tate with the letters and numbers!!! Does he watch Word World or Super Why on PBS? Lydia loves those shows and it's totally made her aware of letters, their sounds, etc. Thank you PBS for teaching my child!
Post a Comment