I commented to mother the other day how when most of us were kids and teens we didn't know how good we had it. Adults may have mentioned that to us, but we didn't really get it until now. No bills to worry about, going to school with your friends, getting taught, P.E. class in the middle of the day, sports teams, hot homemade meals on a regular basis (made by someone else!), and being with the family.
So, I thought about how I'm in the same situation at present. I complain often and don't realize how good I have it. Family. Home. Safety. Health. Food! Silly and adorable children. Four seasons. Sweatsuits (see previous post), washing machine, electricity, running water, comedies, the Australian Open, DVR, and I bet you know what I'm off to do now!
3 comments:
Hey, you can't post with no pictures. Get the camera out.
You're right, Teresa's Neighbor. I added one just for you!
I agree! I tell my mom all the time that I wish I could go back to being a kid and a teen knowing what I know now so that I could be more grateful for how easy it was then, and for how much my parents did for me that I totally took for granted. Now that I know how hard they must have worked, I wish I could go back and be a little nicer and work harder to help out and not fight with my brothers, etc.... I know that every parent has to realize this at some point, and I guess it wouldn't be true parenting if your kids weren't totally oblivious to your efforts and to how hard you work for them, but it kind of stinks, too. They'll feel the same way we do now in 20+ years I'm sure, and I guess that's the real reward when they come to you and say "By the way, I didn't appreciate all you did for me Mom. Thanks." I just wish sometimes that I could reason with my 3-year old the way I'll hopefully be able to reason with her at 30.
Post a Comment