Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Dr. Avery Hibbert

 Yesterday Avery had to get a vaccination shot. I mentioned we would be going to the doctor for the shot earlier that morning to see her reaction.  She was quite excited, so I knew she didn't understand what a shot was.  Henry was also getting his check-up and vaccinations, so she occupied her time playing with stethascopes and cleaning light switches with a giant q-tip given her by Dr. Bryant.  She told the nurse that she was a "pretend doctor" and judging by her reaction to the office and shots, I think she may be a future doctor because Avery is not squirmy at the sight of needles or anything.  I recoil at the thought of just being in a doctor's office and am a big baby around needles and blood.  I mostly do natural childbirth just to avoid needles.  When the time came, I held Avery down only because the nurse told me to, but she was really calm.  Afterwards, she tells the nurse in a shocked tone, "You poked me!  That hurt."  I thought it was so funny.  I love this tough cookie!  Neither her nor Henry cried, which was very nice =)
I was trying to get a picture of Avery's poor legs.  They are covered in scrapes and bruises all the time! 

No comments: