My kind friend, Jerica, came over this week and taught me how to construct my very own garden boxes. Now, I love Jerica tons, but I always mentally add "for you" every time she claims that something is "so easy!". I think she could build a house and then tell me how easy it is to make! Anyway, she was right, these boxes were easy! Well, until she left and I broke a bit that's still stuck in that box...
Pictured above, Tate was claiming that these were his "houses". Until Avery came along and shoveled all that beautiful dirt in them and planted a garden.
Mom bought Avery this dress and we had some time before church today so I took some pictures of the kids since I know they're so cute and I'm a doting mother and that's what we do.
Also, we're showing mom the shed Eric and I painted yesterday. I still plan on finishing a side and painting some white trim. A friend in the ward let me borrow their pressure washer to clean the house and shed before we painted. I don't even know how to start a lawn mower, so I was hesitant, but my neighbor taught me and I pressure washed everything. So between building the garden boxes and pressure washing this week, I've felt very empowered and grateful for everybody's help, too.
I'm sure if we could understand Avery, she would often be saying things like, "I am woman, hear me roar!!"
Then, she spotted a squirrel.
1 comment:
Your garden is looking great! We are trying to figure out what to do. I think we will just put plants in the dirt areas around our house. We're renting so we don't really want to mess with a full-blown garden this year. Hopefully next year though!
Post a Comment