Thursday, January 12, 2012

smarty pants

Tate spends a lot of time with his letter fridge magnets.

Today he said, "I spelled your name mom!"

Me: "Did you spell 'Shelly'? or 'mom'?"

Tate: "I spelled 'mom'."

I noticed some funky spelling so I let him know it is as simple as m-o-m.

To which he replied, "No, it's spelled 'XNPJEV'."

I don't think I'll be homeschooling my children =) I love spending time with them dearly, but they might respond better to somebody other than me. This conversation reminded me of a friend's facebook post that went something like this:

I must be the best teacher in the world because my kids know everything!

I must also note, that even when Tate occasionally insists he's right, sometimes when I correct him, he does say, "Oh" and accepts it, which is very nice.

2 comments:

Bre said...

I love that picture of Tate. And the zipper story is awesome.

Liz said...

I figure that with enough time their thinking they're always right will lead them to study harder so they can be right. Right? ;)