I've discovered the joy of painting furniture this summer. It is slower work that I had hoped, but little by little, I'm loving our home more and more. This was a computer hutch bought off Craig's List and painted cream with a little antiquing. No glaze this time. When reassembled, things didn't fit right, and cousin Aaron saved the day! He cut off some of the bottom doors and made them fit. Thank you!! This experience reminded me of the lesson to buy good furniture in the first place. So, although, this is a little cheap and less than perfect, I do love it and it's a big improvement from our little computer desk without doors to cover our ugly monitor =) Eric paid the best compliment when he said that it really opens up the room. Up next...the barstools!
Sunday, August 21, 2011
Ta-Dah!!
I've discovered the joy of painting furniture this summer. It is slower work that I had hoped, but little by little, I'm loving our home more and more. This was a computer hutch bought off Craig's List and painted cream with a little antiquing. No glaze this time. When reassembled, things didn't fit right, and cousin Aaron saved the day! He cut off some of the bottom doors and made them fit. Thank you!! This experience reminded me of the lesson to buy good furniture in the first place. So, although, this is a little cheap and less than perfect, I do love it and it's a big improvement from our little computer desk without doors to cover our ugly monitor =) Eric paid the best compliment when he said that it really opens up the room. Up next...the barstools!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Where's the "before" photo? Looks good. No, not barstools next; Jamom's bookcase. Does Aaron get cookies?
Looks good!
Imagine plywood. Boring. That's you're before =)
that looks awesome. Truly! I looove the light color. I just painted barstools white and if you could hear me I just made a farting sound to describe my paint job. I need painting lessons. Way to go Shelly. I bet that feels great to create your own beauty. Someday we will not be renters and I can follow suit.
Amie
Love it. My friend Kristina is coveting your table and chairs; she might email you to get your paint colors and techniques :) Too bad we don't live closer--I have a few beds I'm contemplating building and we could swap kids while we do home improvement/beautification projects. (Well, that's not the ONLY reason it would be nice, but you know what I mean.)
I love it. I wish I had furniture painting skills ;) I'll need your advice in Argentina to cover all the hot pink furniture there.
Post a Comment