Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Family Home Evening




I'm working on consistency with a weekly family home evening. Last night we decided to have a short lesson while Tate was in the bath so he couldn't run around like usual when we're trying to teach him something. I was explaining that the Easter season is to celebrate the life, Atonement, and Resurrection of our Savior so we can be forgiven of our sins and live as families with God again. Then, I pointed out that there are many fun distractions of treats, Easter bunnies, and family feasts that are good, but remember the real reason for the holiday. I'm always a little unsure of how much he can grasp and how much to say when it comes to things of a spiritual nature. So, I was considering whether to go on or to end it there, when the boy in the bath playing with his toys looks up and says, "Amen!" So, he must have read my mind and answered with that to tell me to end it there =)

1 comment:

Teresa said...

You are so wonderful! I am so impressed that you thought of such an innovative way to get the undivided attention of your son so you can teach him such an important message about Easter and the Savior. Bravo!