Saturday, July 18, 2009

Look at MY CREATION!!! bwa-ha-ha-ha!

before

My sister-in-law, Melissa, inspired me to do stuff. So here's my thing. (I can see Mrs. Mitchell, my old English teacher cringing at those last two vague sentences.) And yes, yes, I know, she actually
makes furniture, but this is still venturing out there for me.


after

This was g-ma's entertainment center that nobody wanted. I couldn't even sell it on Craig's List, so I used our left-over wall paint to make it purty. I sanded the edges for a little antique look and contrast to the wall, but you can't tell much from the picture. I'm excited to have it now and add some decorative touches =) Best of all, it was free!







7 comments:

Teresa's Neighbor said...

Now you have to paint the wall behind it to show off your masterpiece. Then you might as well paint the next wall, and then the whole house. But don't call me. Except to watch to Tate.

Tony & Bre said...

Ya I like it, now you just need a nice flat screen t.v. to put in it.

Colorado Oldroyds said...

Very cute. You know you can get the little wood floor protectors at Home Depot if you want to ditch the carpet remnants. You don't say much about the addition on the way. Does that mean pregnancy is bliss for you?:)

doodooguru said...

You must have me confused with another person. I am not crafty or creative, especially with paint. i just like dust and loud noises.

The cabinet looks super!!:)

A-Train said...

I, for one, am very impressed. You're so chic--the distressed look is all the rage right now! You'll have to teach me your tricks so that I can use them when (if) I decide to get crafty with furniture.

Riggs Familia said...

Good job! It looks so good. I bet you now could sell it on craigslist :)

Alison said...

Loove it! I love to do things like that, too ;) And can I just say, "Is Mrs. Mitchell still alive?" Do you remember her story about the mouse in the microwave? It's my personal favorite.