First, I just wanted to show off Tate's toilet art. This is how he occupies his time while I'm in hair and make-up. Don't think this was the first try. There's much picking up and switching from drawers to counter to toilet before he get's it just right.
Now, all of you pranksters out there. Well, that's even making the big assumption that anyone even read this! I need your ideas on how to get back the 14 yr. old hooligan who got me good yesterday. I was sitting with grandma, when I got an exciting phone call from 102.7 KORD, the country radio station, asking me a math question to win $1000 dollars! It involved a snail and a well and how many days to climb out if he goes up 4 ft. daily, but drops 2 ft. nightly. The well is 10 ft. deep. Well, I'm thinking it's a trick and that either this is a prank, or the trick is that a snail can't really climb vertically. But, I give it a go and blurt out "5 days" when I'm told I have 10 seconds. The man says that I'm wrong and when I ask what the answer is, he says he's on the air and can't say. So, I'm left wondering if I just threw away $1000! I called a friend who was at a playdate and one of the other moms tells me that it's 4 days. So, I'm losing sleep last night thinking, "How could I be so dumb! Of course it's 4 days! We could've won a lot of money!"
Then today, the mom who was at the playdate and figured out the answer called for a recipe. And oh, by the way, her husband told her upon his return from a scouting camping trip that one of the boys took his phone and made prank calls! Argh! I was super relieved to know it was fake and that I never had a chance at being super-duper rich =) Now I can sleep. Except for...how to get him back?
Then today, the mom who was at the playdate and figured out the answer called for a recipe. And oh, by the way, her husband told her upon his return from a scouting camping trip that one of the boys took his phone and made prank calls! Argh! I was super relieved to know it was fake and that I never had a chance at being super-duper rich =) Now I can sleep. Except for...how to get him back?
4 comments:
Steal the 14 year old's toothbrush. Let Tate use the toothbrush for "toilet art." Take pictures. Return the 14 year old's toothbrush. Mail the pictures to the 14 year old about a week later with a note that says "All your toothbrush are belong to Tate."
Then you should probably get a lawyer.
Ha! That's great! Love the stories. I wish my kids would entertain themselves while I try to get ready, all I get is whining at my feet! Aw, schucks you lost 1000 bucks! :) I would be pretty disappointed myself. What to do to get him back....I'm sure you'll come up with something yummy. Do share.
That is hillarious!!! At least you came close... to the correct answer.
oooh, you never joke about money! =) I'm not good at practical jokes, but I definitely encourage retaliation!!
Post a Comment